Today, we pay homage to the Oreo cookie!
Who doesn’t love Oreo cookies? Whether you liked the chocolate biscuit alone, the cream filling, or the entire package, Oreos are universally loved by children and adults alike. There’ve been many different flavours ranging from the interesting (blueberry ice cream, banana split, lemon ice) to the awesome (peanut butter, green tea, dulce de leche). Oreos have also been used for hundreds of different purposes – making cupcakes, penguins, pandas, truffles, and even as a cooke filling. There’ve also been recipes on how to make your own oreo!
Anyway, Oreo 101 aside, we decided to make Oreo cheesecake!
1/2 cup worth of Oreo cookie crumbs (about 8 Oreos)
3-4 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
8 Oreo cookies (cream separated from cookies)
1. Make the filling first! Whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate.
2. Whip cream cheese and oreo cream (from cookies) until smooth. Add the sugar and mix together.
3. Coarsely chop the Oreo cookie and fold into the cream cheese mixture.
4. Fold in the refrigerated whipped cream. Pour the filling into the jelly mould.
5. Make the crust. Add the butter to the crumbs and mix evenly.
6. Press the crust into the bottom of the filling.
7. Refrigerate for at least four hours!
The cheesecake was delicious! Just the right amount of creamy and crunchy, although perhaps we’ll try making the crumbs completely surround the cheesecake for an even crunchier effect.
Rachel and Sophia