This has to be one of my favourite recipes to date! It was like heaven in a conical-shaped chocolate-y banana thing. Yup, another chocolate banana recipe, but we promise that this one will be totally worth your time!
15 ounces milk chocolate
5 large egg yolks
Pinch of salt
3 cups heavy cream
20 wafers (we used chocolate flavoured ones with cream), smushed up into bits (not too small though, you still want the crunchy texture)
5 ripe bananas, sliced lengthwise
1. You might want to wrap your jelly mould with plastic liner to ensure ease of demoulding but we didn’t and it turned out fine! Place yolks and salt in a heatproof bowl and chocolate in another bowl.
2. Bring cream to a simmer in a saucepan. Pour cream over yolk and salt mixture carefully, whisking constantly. Return it back to heat and cook, stirring constantly until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of your wooden spoon. DON’T BOIL!
3. Turn off heat and add chocolate into warm cream mixture, stirring until chocolate melts and you have a smooth mixture.
4. Place a dollop of the mixture into the jelly mould to form the top of the cone. Add a layer of graham crackers, and then another layer of the chocolate cream mixture and then a layer of bananas. Repeat until jelly mould is filled to your liking, although you should finish with a graham cracker layer!
5. Refrigerate overnight. When done, demould and enjoy the awesomeness!
Here’s Charis decorating the Chills! Our Chill-man is holding a fork and a jelly mould. And the prerequisite panda, of course. Unintentional, but don’t the pictures look like they’re from different seasons?
Enjoying the fruits of our labour!
Rachel and Sophia